In the menuconfig system I looked for a way to get an NSH prompt on UART2,but
didn't find it. Is there a way to do that? If so, how?

The standard NSH output goes to /dev/console.  For serial devices that is controlled by the setting:

CONFIG_SERIAL_UARTn_CONSOLE=y

this is in the drivers/serial configuration menu.  In that schematic, I see that the connection to the CDC/ACM VCOM is vis DBGU_UXTD1_PD3 and DBGU_URXD1_PD2.  So 'n' must be one in the above.

I also notice that the default BAUD is 57600 which is unusual. That means you will also need:

CONFIG_SERIAL_UART_BAUD=57600

Or can I put an NSH prompt on a USB interface?

Yes, but that is a lot more complex.

Greg