I want to set up some generic SDRAM as a component (board) to support the
ILI9341 LCD screens. I tried a few boards now (L476RG, F407VE, etc.), but
all seem to come short in (SD)RAM fort he framebuffer.

What do you advise? And is there already a solution in Nuttx for it?

There are dozens of them.  For the STM32 family that you seem to prefer, there are only a few boards:

 * stm32f429i-disco- 64-Mbit SDRAM
 * stm3240g-eval - 16 Mbit SRAM
 * stm3220g-eval - 16 Mbit SRAM
 * stm3210e-eval -  8-Mbit SRAM
 * axloti -  8 MiB of SDRAM (Alliance Memory AS4C4M16SA)

I prefer the NXP LPC54 to any of those, however.

Actually, my recommendation (as if I were doing the job on an STM32) would not be to use any ILI9341 LCD but something based on the SSD1963 which as a 1,215Kb framebuffer built into the LCD controller.  I love that part and it has been on my list for a long time to buy an LCD with an SSD1963.  The are cheap.  There are some around $45 on eBay.

Greg