I am using 4 GB eMMC at the moment , and so far it is working perfectly.
Nuttx is recognizing the eMMC it is able to format it in FAT and now i am
able to mount it , read and write in it, so so far i have no problems at
all with the eMMC. THe only thing is that i use 1 wire setup so , I am not
using the full speed which eMMC can offer but for my case that is okay.
Later on i am planning to add also the Fast modes and 4 wire and 8 wire
support.

I believe you will need some modifications to the MMC/SDĀ  driver when you need the fast mode and wide bus support.

But I am glad to hear that it is meeting your needs as it is for now.

Greg