hi,

what settings do you have in mind?

the wifi router is in the same room, a few meters away from the board.
the smart person managing the network told me:
Wireles N fixed on channel 5 (20MHz width), AP in WMM Mode, Short
Preamble, WPA2 PSK (CCMP) encryption, with "key reinstallation (KRACK)
countermeasures" enabled
it is OpenWrt 18.06.3 firmware using Atheros AR9223 wifi chip