From: Gregory Nutt [mailto:spudan...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2020 9:25 AM
To: dev@nuttx.apache.org
Subject: Re: squashing commits or not

No one gets to set any rules.  No one gets to enforce any rules.
Committers are free to do what they choose.  That is the Apache way:  It
is anarchy held together by a belief in common principles and a project
culture.  If you can't trust people to do that job, you are working on
the wrong project.

I will no be held by any such rules.  I will always use my best
engineering judgement.  And I will take my scolding when I deserve it.

What you can do, is help to educate people about the pros and cons of
the work in general.  You have to trust that it is everyone's intention
in their heart to do the best job that they can.  But you will never be
able to force rules to control others behavior in this environment.  No
one has the authority to do that.