Hello,
I filed a pull request that introduces an idea of controlling the behaviour of
nxstyle from inside the file under test.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/569
This would allow to address some special requirements that are needed in
cornercases (e.g. whitelisting), and, by using the ignore feature, to switch of
testing for ranges of the file that are correct but nxstyle isn't happy about
it (yet unaddressed cornercases).
This would give a contributor/commiter the possibility to explicitly pass the
PR through the style check, and perhaps file an nxstyle issue.
>From time to time we could grep for the ignore command and remove it if the
>issue had been resolved.
Please share your thoughts.
Johannes

P.S.: if some aren't happy with the xml-like syntax, we can change this for sure