On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 3:23 AM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> I checked:
> - incubating in artefact names
> - signatures and hashes fine
> - LICENSE and NOTICE are OK
> - Found an unexpected comped fine in the source release [1]
> - ASF files don’t have correct headers
> - Had some issues compiling
>
> From the ASF side there some minor things, most of them are likely to get a
> -1 vote with a WIP disclaimer. One may do as some IPMC members may question
> the lack of ASF headers without that being explicitly called out.
>
> For the Nuttx package:
> - It's a good idea to publish your keys to a public server
> - It’s a good idea to sign it with your apache.org email address
> - It would be nice to see more than " * Releases may have incomplete
> licensing conditions.” in the WIP disclaimer
> - In NOTICE I’d move "This product includes software developed at” to the top
> - There is a large number of files without ASF headers that have been donated
> to the ASF (this should also be mentioned in the disclaimer)
> - The source release contains what looks to be compiled code [1] (I would
> also mention this in the disclaimer)
> - LICENSE is missing some licenses (again should be mentioned in the
> disclaimer)
> - README needs updated e.g "Download and unpack” section, the word Apache is
> not used once even though it’s now teh project is “Apache Nuttx (incubating)”
> not “Nuttx”, and you  usually have some pointers to the community where you
> can go for for help or to submit patches. "Downloading from Repositories” is
> also still referring to bitbucket.
>
> Some of the above also applies to for the app package as well.

Thank you for your very quick review!

I have just created PR #859 "Address some README issues in 9.0.0-RC0"
to hopefully resolve the issues you found in README.txt:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/859

More below:

> What a good board to try on OSX? I tried a few at random that are popular or
> that I know but couldn't get the config script to work.

Could you tell us a little more about how and where things failed?

Did you put untar the 'nuttx' and 'apps' tarballs to get a directory
structure like this:

some_directory/
|-nuttx
|-apps

Could you share the error message(s), if there were any?

Thanks,
Nathan