On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 7:18 PM Brennan Ashton <bash...@brennanashton.com>
wrote:

> The one concern I have is we did not do much to send someone totally new
> in the right direction with regards to building the code.  I know some of
> it can be addressed outside
> of the release code, but do we need to have a really short guide to send
> someone on the right track to
> build the SIM or something like the STM32DISCOVERY4?  Something that gets
> you to shell from 0 in 10min.

Maybe a "quickstart for the impatient" section at the top of the top level
README, after "introduction" and "community" and before "environments?"

The only bad thing is that such a quickstart might have to assume a
particular development system and a particular target board, otherwise the
number of permutations gets out of hand and it's no longer a short
quickstart.

Hmmm...

Maybe three quickstart examples, on macOS, Linux, Windows, and choose a
board for each of those that demonstrates some customization or something
instructive?

Just thinking out loud here....

Nathan