On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 1:56 PM Gregory Nutt <spudan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that in the context of the OS instrumentation call-outs,
> we can do no driver operations.  With the FT245R, it could do writes to
> a memory-mapped FIFO.  Most of the FX2LP modes are more complex.  There
> is a slave FIFO, but I don't fully understand that yet.

If you want to just stream data to the FIFO then yes that is probably
the right way to go.
This app note shows the basic setup
https://www.cypress.com/file/44551/download
You have up-to 16 data lines that map to the fifo
FLAGA/D show the status of the FIFO so probably can be ignored if you
are OK with losing data
SLOE probably can be always asserted
SLRD/WR can also be fixed value since we won't be reading
FIFOADDR is just selecting which bank/endpoint you are writing to, so
once again likely can be hard coded.

I don't think I have a dev board for this anymore, last design I did
with this was a few years back, but I would be open to tracking one
down if this is a path you want to go.

--Brennan