I agree that access to low-level radio with documented registers is a big
plus for Nordic.
I hope other vendors will follow the same path (if not then we always have
reverse engineering :P).
For this reason, we should have a standardized interface for BLE
single-chip solutions in Nuttx.
A non-standardized BLE stack probably won't have much value in commercial
products, but for amateur projects it would be a great tool.