From: Christian Catchpole [mailto:christ...@catchpole.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2020 5:52 PM
To: dev@nuttx.apache.org
Subject: Color ANSI support in nsh

Hi everyone,

I have been adding ANSI escape codes for colour support to my app’s console
output and have been experimenting with adding it to nsh itself. At a
minimum to colour the prompt.

I had been thinking this is something i could develop and propose to come
back into the mainline as a nsh kconfig option.

But before i do, the obvious question is, has this been proposed before and
are there reasons we wouldn’t want this in NuttX?

I’m also thinking it would be good to have a single line of command
history. Other configurable options could be clear screen on nsh entry (I
added this as my app was using ANSI line positioning and resets back into
nsh looked messy). There are all sorts of fun things which could be done
with ANSI terminal emulation.

Thanks,
See you all tonight. Where you’ll see my demo going crazy with ANSI colour
codes.

Christian