> What you could do is expose GPIO to a driver via an arch agnostic
> interface.

That's exactly what I'm doing: board.h exposes (or exports) GPIO parameters
and the arch agnostic interface populates corresponding struct gpiodev_s,
accessible via struct gpioops_s functions, just like many other NuttX
systems do

> The board.h file can then indicate which pin of the GPIO to use without any
> arch specific information

That's hardwiring the driver and it's what I'm trying to avoid

> The arch specific GPIO interface implemention
> worried about how to read/write etc for pin1, whatever pin1 actually is on
> the chip/board what you have.  Doing this let's you write almost no board
> specific code.  This is very much how device trees look like in Linux.

Yes, the arch  specific GPIO interface called via gpioops_s functions

So we're always been in agreement