Se we can either add something special just as for errno or use entries in that array
(which would require establishing a minimum number of entries to satisfy the case of
getopt en potentially others). I think it is better to somehow "reserve" space
for the known required cases.

What i'm worried about is: how many other cases like this there could be? Maybe
there will be a considerable number of this entries added to TLS structure
(yes, four bytes, but they can add up quickly). I would personally prefer to
use reentrant versions when they are available, instead of increasing memory
use of every thread. Not sure what is really best here...
Standardization is certainly the highest value of the OS and the thing that makes NuttX what it is.  Sacrificing standardization sacrifices the core value of the OS.