I forgot to say: Machester encoder is just an exclusive or gate, manchester
decoder is also an exclusive or gate ! If you ex-or the clock and the data then
you get  the manchester encoded code. At the receiver side, if you start and
synchronize a same frequency free running clock with the negative going "start
bit" and ex-or the incoming frame with this clock then you decode the code and
obtain the same data. This is the same technique how I designed and made
Turkey's first military digital voice scrambler unit 40 years ago :)