On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 9:10 AM Abdelatif Guettouche
<abdelatif.guettou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We've been told before that we can host well known projects even if
> they are in an incompatible license.  We discussed moving them to
> Apache.
> I'm not sure if we want to revive that discussion as it always went
> unnoticed, but it would be ideal to have all the necessary
> repositories in one place.

I remember being told that as well.

I think we will have to get permission to do it. Maybe it would be a
good thing to have a [DISCUSS] and [VOTE] to determine whether the
project wants to take that course, and if so, then we need to
carefully present how/why we would like to host the tools.

In addition to kconfig-frontends, there is also a customized version
of GCC that is (IIRC) needed to make use of the FLAT (non-elf) binary
loader (???).

Nathan