z80 holds all 8-bit ZiLOG architectures.  That means

z80 using the SDCC compiler
z180 using the SDCC compiler
ez80 which normally uses the ZiLOG compiler, but there is an experimental
version of GCC for the ez80

z16 uses only ZiLOG compiler

Also consider SH1

This will also require changes to INVIOLABLES.md and the coding standard.
I would also recommend a formal vote to assure that you are following the
will of the user base and not a personal agenda.  There used to be a small
but important group of retro computer folk using NuttX; this eliminates
support for them. There is language in the INVIOLABLES that is there
specifically to protect them from actions like this.

I have not heard of anyone using these architectures recently.  I would say
that only ez80 is active with active development boards.  There are
occasional developments with z180-like hardware.