On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 4:05 PM Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a program that builds under Linux, BSD, and macOS which
> includes the net/if_arp.h header.
>
> This header does not seem to exist under NuttX.
>
> It is included for the ARPHRD_ETHER define (and possibly other things).
>
> I see that under NuttX, this is defined in net/arp.h, rather than
> net/if_arp.h.
>
> Is net/if_arp.h supposed to be a standard header? I cannot seem to
> find any meaningful information about it.
>
> Thanks,
> Nathan

Also, do we lack the defines IFF_LOOPBACK, IFF_UP, IFF_BROADCAST, and
IFF_MULTICAST? I can't find them anywhere, except in comments.

For example, a grep for IFF_LOOPBACK shows it in the comments for getifaddrs():

[[[
 *  Depending on whether the bit IFF_BROADCAST or IFF_POINTOPOINT is
 *  set in ifa_flags (only one can be set at a time), either
 *  ifa_broadaddr will contain the broadcast address associated with
 *  ifa_addr (if applicable for the address family) or ifa_dstaddr
 *  will contain the destination address of the point-to-point
 *  interface.
]]]

but no such define exists in NuttX.