I have sorted the touchscreen on the SAMA5D2 - minor errors in the init code
"as supplied" meaning a couple of registers were not set up right.

I have also found that priority inheritance is needed, at least for the ADC
example app: I've not sat back or read my books to see why, but it works for
now.

The issue I now have is that the call to close the ADC device, as opened by
the example app, calls sam_adc_shutdown which disables interrupts and
detaches them:

up_disable_irq(SAM_IRQ_ADC)

irq_detach(SAM_IRQ_ADC)

Some other arch adc drivers do this too.

The problem is that the enabling and attaching is done from
sam_adc_initialize, therefore when the device is first registered from
board_bringug. The result is that you can never again open the adc for
business until a board reset.

That doesn't seem right to me?

The easy option is to comment out the two calls, but I don't know if that's
deemed acceptable, especially as other adc drivers do the same?