Hi Sebastien,

On 12/9/22, Sebastien Lorquet <sebast...@lorquet.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As an introduction to the RISCV, I would like to use NuttX on my M5stamp
> C3U, which I can get for 8 dollars at a local store.
>
> https://docs.m5stack.com/en/core/stamp_c3u

This M5stamp C3U uses that ESP32-C3 that is already completely
supported on NuttX.

So, if your plan was to do a port, you arrived too late in the party :-D

> The module does not use a usb serial chip but direct USB connection
> (there is a schematic in the bottom of the page).

The USB serial on ESP32-C3 is already support on NuttX mainline too.

> I wonder how it works: Is serial on USB supported by an internal
> bootloader or does this require firmware support that will disappear
> after I flash this board for the first time?

It doesn't require a firmware and normally will not require a host
driver because it is a generic USB CDC Serial internal.

Espressif create a nice thing that all MCU should have: a USB Serial /
JTAG internally integrated in the chip.

So, you don't need an external programmer neither an external
USB/Serial. Just a USB cable and you can program the chip and get a
console interface.

You can get more info about it reading the "USB Serial/JTAG
Controller" chapter of the ESP32-C3 TRM.

BR,

Alan