On 1/19/2023 2:13 PM, Tim Hardisty wrote:
Ultimately I need to make sure it works with most/any USB-C keyboard that
customers might choose to plugin (or, at least, a style/type of keyboard that
is widely available), but it’s not a priority right now.

Should be pretty easy.  I think that you just need to add a HID report descriptor to the USB keyboard driver. https://wiki.osdev.org/USB_Human_Interface_Devices#Protocol. Should really require and code development other than the logic needed to provide the HID descriptor to the host when enumerator. The driver already used the HID report, it just does not advertise it.