Hi all,

The bug I thought I had in a driver I'm developing (well, one of them!) appears
to be related to file closing.

- I have a related example-type app I'm using to exercise and check the driver.
It opens 2 "files" (O-RDONLY) to read data from the device driver
- I have enabled CONFIG_SIGKILL_ACTION to allow me to ctrl-c from the console
if the app is misbehaving or, I thought, just to exit it.

The behaviours I see are:

1) If I ctrl-c, the open files are not closed and if I re-run the app, the
system crashes. It is the very first printf statement of the app that causes
the crash, at the point the printf routine calls lib_fflush (not looked further
yet).
2) If I ensure the test app reads console input too, and map a character
received character (e.g. 'x') to a clean exit, I can then re-run the app
without issue.

I don't think I saw this behaviour with the previous driver I did, so I have
probably changed something via menuconfig, but I still would have thought/hoped
that this sort of behaviour wouldn't happen regardless?

Anyone got any suggestions or hints (other than go back to school!)?

TimH