Agreed!

I suggested to use the new sensor because it was submitted sometime
ago and I don't see broad adoption.

Maybe it is too much for simple sensors and the fact that there is not
documentation makes things more difficult to digest.

So, I think it shouldn't be a replacement for our previous char
drivers. Let to developer to decide what fits better for him.

BR,

Alan