Hello,

there seems to be a possible build error hidden in configuration of external
RTC. If configure CONFIG_RTC and CONFIG_RTC_EXTERNAL to use external RTC the
build ends

with following error:

undefined reference to `up_rtc_initialize'

This is caused by lines

https://github.com/apache/nuttx/blob/master/sched/clock/clock_initialize.c#L
218

and

https://github.com/apache/nuttx/blob/master/include/nuttx/arch.h#L2272

that declare and call function up_rtc_initialize which however I suppose is
not used since external RTC is to be configured. This happens since pull
request #5232 (https://github.com/apache/nuttx/pull/5232) which removed && !
defined(CONFIG_RTC_EXTERNAL) from files mentioned above. The quick fix so
far is to add the constrain of disabled CONFIG_RTC_EXTERNAL back as
suggested here (https://github.com/michallenc/incubator-nuttx/commit/bc04eb9
d891c44a6b41bb0badf34636e24e63b61).

Some ideas or objections? I am not sure if there was not some other change
that would require different configuration of external RTC.

Best regards,

Michal Lenc