Am 10.04.2023 um 14:51 schrieb David Sidrane:

If I attempt to rephrase the proposal: Starting from a commit in a
future, stm32h7 GPIO definitions will not include speed indications
anymore, and these will have to be added manually in board.h, but ONLY
if the LEGACY_PINMAP is not set?
[DBS] Yes. This is correct. But also previously non suffixed pin. E.G. Where
there were not ALT settings to choose which GPIO to use will contain a _0
suffix.

I've designed several custom boards where I can put in an STM32F4, STM32F7, or STM32H7 depending on chip availability and performance needs. I've got board support packages for each family and keep them in sync so I can deliver what is needed.

My main concern and my loudest plea is: Please keep stm32f4, stm32f7, and stm32h7 in sync. For me making changes that make sense and pay off in the future are ok, but please make them on all stm32 families (at least the big ones).

Frank-Christian Kruegel