I believe that all of the lists and structures that you are concerned
with are already allocated from  kernel space memory, but I have not
The lists do exist in user memory, although I agree that they should not.

Then that is a bug.  It is a serious security error if OS internal data structures are exposed and accessible in user space.  That must be fixed in my opinion.

People who only work in the FLAT address environment violate basic OS security like this all over the code.  And reviews who only use FLAT addressing cannot spot the security errors.