Maybe OTG is superseded? USB C dual role port is the way to go, but needs a 25c
 chip and software support to make it work. FUSB30x FTW :)

From: "Alan C. Assis" <acas...@gmail.com>
Reply to: "dev@nuttx.apache.org" <dev@nuttx.apache.org>
Date: Saturday, 20 May 2023 at 20:10
To: "dev@nuttx.apache.org" <dev@nuttx.apache.org>
Subject: Re: esp32 custom board gpio and ws2812 problem

Hi Tomek,

On 5/20/23, Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info<mailto:to...@cedro.info>> wrote:
Well all ESP32-C3 boards that I have (DevKit, M5) have UART-to-USB
converter so no JTAG so far.. I will order Beetle ESP32-C3 this one
should have direct USB/UART/JTAG pins on the USB-C connector :-)

I have ordered ESP32-S2 as it has USB OTG. I really miss RISC-V MCU
with USB Device/OTG.. ESP32-C6 would be perfect if it only had this
(it has WiFi + BLE + Mesh already) :-)

Is there any chance that Espressif releases ESP32-C6 + USB OTG anytime soon?
:-)

C6 is like C3, only USB Serial/JTAG, not real USB OTG support:

https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/documentation/esp32-c6_technical_reference_manual_en.pdf

BR,

Alan