Hi Lup,

Excellent article, as always!

On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 10:38 AM Alan C. Assis <acas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In NuttX case it is easier because we can do it without the bootloader!

There was a recent discussion about using a minimal build of NuttX
itself as a bootloader, which would load a more full-featured build of
NuttX.

One of the advantages of doing this would be reduced driver
development, since the same implementation of network, USB, and/or
serial drivers, and other board support, could be shared between the
"bootloader" build of NuttX and the "real" build of NuttX. It is a
very cool idea and one that I think is very much worth exploring.

Meanwhile, having information about how to do it with u-boot comes in
very handy, too.

Oh, that discussion was called "Bootloaders other than u-boot?" and
started on July 1st, 2023... Archived here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread/wx0yqx7t1vw9os9psv1y8dcpcto5vpc7

or here:

https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@nuttx.apache.org/msg10109.html

Some of the key messages in that thread:

https://lists.apache.org/thread/fh1k3ln45hqv1p9v8539hcxmkjwm3oyg

https://lists.apache.org/thread/jfyxv7hksv7ftkrt2n0xg9zmrs4z386j

Cheers,
Nathan