On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 1:05 PM Joseph Gonzalez <jglez2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I wanted to try out the NuttX RTOS, but didn't saw support for the RPi 4,
> is this board supported if not is there a way to add support to it?
>

> Best regards, Joseph Gonzalez.

Hello Joseph,

Not yet...

NuttX supports the ARM64 processor (see, for example, the port to
PinePhone), but does not support the RPi 4 *yet* because no one has
written the necessary board support for it yet.

This is a platform that I would very much like to see NuttX running
on, specifically the RPi CM4 (Raspberry Pi Compute Model 4), as that
seems like a perfect and very powerful processor for real-time
embedded applications. Currently, use of a RPi CM4 requires a
full-blown OS like FreeBSD or Linux, with all the goodies they include
but also with all the overhead, and perhaps more importantly, without
real-time. (I tried and wasn't successful getting a Linux kernel built
with the real time patch set for this processor.)

Cheers,
Nathan