On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 08:35:21 -0400
Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 12, 2023 at 1:43 PM Milan Obuch <nuttx-...@dino.sk> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > after some tests, with some hints and discussion with Lup, I am
> > able to build NuttX for PineCone (BL602 based evaluation board) on
> > FreeBSD. I am able to build almost all configurations present in
> > recent sources (I used sources from git, snapshot old maybe a week
> > or two), with configuration as follows:
> >
> > tools/configure.sh bl602evb:dma      BUILDS
> > tools/configure.sh bl602evb:elf      FAILS
> > tools/configure.sh bl602evb:fpu      BUILDS
> > tools/configure.sh bl602evb:gpio     BUILDS
> > tools/configure.sh bl602evb:i2c      BUILDS
> > tools/configure.sh bl602evb:nsh      BUILDS
> > tools/configure.sh bl602evb:spi      BUILDS
> > tools/configure.sh bl602evb:spiflash FAILS
> > tools/configure.sh bl602evb:timer    BUILDS
> > tools/configure.sh bl602evb:wifi     FAILS
> >
> > I have no idea what elf and spiflash configurations are for, maybe
> > nothing interesting for me, but I'd like to get wifi configuration
> > to build. It fails with following:
> >
> > CC:  tcpblaster_cmdline.c
> > tcpblaster_cmdline.c:121:23: error: use of undeclared identifier
> > 'AF_INET' ret = inet_pton(AF_INET, argv[1],
> > &g_tcpblasterserver_ipv4); ^
> > 1 error generated.
> > gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:92: tcpblaster_cmdline.hobj] Error 1
> > gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:55:
> > /wrk/usr/ports/devel/apache-nuttx/work/apps/examples/tcpblaster_context]
> > Error 2
> > gmake[1]: *** [Makefile:168: context] Error 2
> > gmake: *** [tools/Unix.mk:443:
> > /wrk/usr/ports/devel/apache-nuttx/work/apps/.context] Error 2
> >
> > I was able to fix this one, more on the issue in next mail.
> >
> > However, generated binaries (most of them) have a problem - 'help'
> > command does not work, it does not output anything, just new shell
> > prompt is displayed.
>
> Do any other commands work?

I did not test everything, but in general, 'help' yields no output,
thus new prompt comes out, 'getprime' or 'timer' shows something, some
garbled command does not show anything. I am using 'help' to get
quickly list of available commands, when it works, and then I test all
of them. Maybe configurations needs some small changes, when some
refactoring was done in the past, those config files were not touched,
no idea.

What about elf and spiflash configurations? I don't know what they are
intended for, I was just trying every one as part of verification of a
build process.

Regards,
Milan