> > from NXP. I managed to have a POC that boot and the serial seems to work
> > properly. However the console seems to behave strangely: I need to
> > configure my
> > client to handle the echo and to transform input and output. An example
> > with
> >
> > picocom client:
> > picocom -b 115200 --omap crlf --imap lfcrlf --echo /dev/ttyUSB2
> >
> > This seems to be unnecessary on other targets (I tried on a picopi and on
> > an
> >
> > xmc4700).
> >
> > Is it a normal behavior? If not is someone have any clues to track this
> > bug?
>
> It should work without these parameters. Did you try minicom as well?
>
> Try to force the ttyUSBx to use the expected configuration for NuttX
> (115200 8N1)
>
> # stty 115200 cs8 -parenb -crtscts -F /dev/ttyUSB0
>
> Maybe the serial controller of i.MX8 has some peculiarity that needs
> to be considered.
>
> BR,
>
> Alan

Hi Alan,

> Did you see that: https://github.com/apache/nuttx/pull/10294
>
> Maybe you can reuse or merge part of it.

Yes I see it :)
Unfortunately, the iMX8QM is a very different beast than the iMX8MP (I wonder
why NXP put theses two SoC with a common naming...).
But fortunately, the iMX8Mxx subfamily share the UART IP with the i.MX6 so I
managed to reuse it almost completely (I removed GIC interrupt reference since
I'm working on the Cortex M7 and not the A53 complex).

> It should work without these parameters. Did you try minicom as well?
>
> Try to force the ttyUSBx to use the expected configuration for NuttX
> (115200 8N1)
>
> # stty 115200 cs8 -parenb -crtscts -F /dev/ttyUSB0
Same problem with minicom and after forcing the tty configuration.

Note that I test the termios example and everything works so it seems that the
serial driver is working properly at least.

Best regards,

--
Philippe