Hi,

There are a bunch of configuration options for various peripherals, uart0,1,2, i2c0,1, spi0,1...  It appears that enabling say UART1 or UART2 (and configuring their pins) doesn't actually automatically register it as a ttyS in /devices.  Is there some reason for this? Do I have to manually register every uart other than uart0/ttyS0 in order to use it with as a character device via file i/o?  This just seems like some kind of oversight to me.  I've seen that if I enable I2C0 it shows up in /dev as /dev/i2c0.  SPI devices don't seem to show up either.  I have SPI2 enabled but see no spi device in /dev at all.  I don't see anything in the documentation about this and am just trying to figure out what we're expected to do to be able to access these devices.

Thanks,
-m