Hi Simon,

I tested it recently (not extensive test) and it was working fine
(stm32f777 meadow board).

Did you try to run apps/testing/fstest to push its hard(ware) limits? :-)

Also a simple way to verify if FAT is working is creating a RAMDISK
(formatted as FAT) and run your application using it.

If some issue was introduced if the kernel itself (instead of in your
MCU) it could be detected using RAMDISK even in the SIMulator (you can
copy the /dev/ramX content to a file and then check it on your host
computer using the dos check tool).

BR,

Alan