Hello helpful people. I am not sure if this is a POSIX or NuttX question, so apologies it it's something I "should" know.

I am looking for a methodology - ideally portable (POSIX) - perhaps a queue, to hold a list of messages (CANbus) that need to be transmitted in the correct chronological order. I have been using linked lists for other things and just about have that sussed (but they do my head in to be honest!) but it doesn't seem quite right for this. I am thinking the set of "dq_" functions are possibly a good solution but I can't find much information/documentation on this and am not sure if its just a NuttX-specific thing, although I see it used heavily for audio playback?

Am I on the right track, or should I be looking at something else?

In essence I want to add (queue?) entries (pointers to message structs) that need to be sent (on a POSIX timer, which I have setup and working well) and once each is transmitted it'll be removed until added again if needed. I want it to be as generic as possible.

Thanks!

TimH (aka TimJTi...new email account)