Hi all,

forgive my ignorance, I’ve just started diving into networking topics
(including handling connections via Berkeley sockets). My final goal is to
make my device reachable via two separate IP addresses with a single PHY.
Once there are two IP addresses set up I'd bind to each specific address to
get two socket handles with which my application could work - does that
make sense (the use case would be in connection with an integrated switch,
e.g. a KSZ8463)?

In linux systems I think this can be achieved via ifconfig eth0:0
[newAddress] netmask [mask] up or by persisting the configuration in
/etc/network/interfaces (i.e. in my understanding by creating an alias
network interface).

Now in Nuttx ifconfig does not allow this and there is no persistent
configuration. I can't imaging calling netlib_set_ipv4addr() /
netlib_set_dripv4addr () / netlib_set_ipv4netmask() twice with the same
ifname will work so the question remains: how do I get a second interface I
can work with? Do I even need to integrate more potent hardware such as a
KSZ9477S that has multiple physical GMACS?

Any insights or tipps in which direction to look are welcome!

Thanks and best regards

-Matthias