On Thu, Nov 23, 2023 at 6:42 AM Tim Hardisty <timhardist...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an out-of-tree custom board (which lives resides in my main NuttX
> folder as  ./../CustomBoards/boardname). I use checkpatch.sh even on my
> board software in that locations as I like to be consistent, but it
> complains that the path (line 2 of the header comment) must begin with
> the root directory as it's a relative path other than "nuttx".

I hope it is *not* requiring an absolute path here, because that would be
unacceptable: a developer might put the NuttX tree in, e.g.,
/home/bob/work/NuttX/... on one machine, and another team member might put
it in /home/alice/NuttX, and if we're requiring an absolute path then the
source files become tied to one particular machine with one particular
layout which is not portable to other machines. This may or may not apply
in Tim's case, but even if this doesn't apply to Tim's case, it would be
incorrect.

I am using my phone atm so I cannot dig into the sources right now, but
I'll try to look a little later...

Cheers
Nathan