Hi Hakeem,

Thank you very much for reporting an issue your team found.

Could you please open an issue with more information at
https://github.com/apache/nuttx/issues and supply a little bit more
information (board/mcu used, version of NuttX, host OS, etc).

Please also supply your board config (run "make savedefconfig" and
attach the defconfig generated).

I think probably some higher priority thread/task is getting all CPU
for some time.

If you are using an ARM MCU then you can use Segger SystemView (enable
the RTT driver on NuttX) to see what is happening when that 1s delay.
We don't have an official documentation about it yet, but this
discussion here could help:
https://github.com/apache/nuttx/issues/10556

Alternatively if you can use an all open-source solution, you can use
ORBTrace as explained here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k1f4F2JVBA

Best Regards,

Alan