Might be easier to use if the OPEN option SELECTED the FIFO and named pipes.  That way the POPEN option will appear in the menus when FIFOs are disabled.

On 12/20/2023 1:45 PM, Gustavo Soares wrote:
After enabling 'FIFO and named pipe drivers' I was able to use popen() and pclose() functions. Just like Nathan said... shouldn't appear it's dependency on this config?

Thank you!
*De:* Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com>
*Enviado:* quarta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2023 16:40
*Para:* dev@nuttx.apache.org <dev@nuttx.apache.org>
*Assunto:* Re: Read response from console
So, in Kconfig, Example/popen should "depends on" FIFO and named pipe drivers?

On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 2:08 PM Alan C. Assis <acas...@gmail.com> wrote:

    That is because you forgot to enable:

    Device Drivers --->
        [*] FIFO and named pipe drivers  --->

    Remember: "git grep" is your friend!

    BR,

    Alan

    On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 9:53 AM Gustavo Soares
    <gustavo.felipesoa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

        Hi Alan!

         Yes, this message pops up when trying to compile:

        the problem seems to be in the apps/system/popen.
        Should any other configuration be applied besides enabling the
        popen()/pclose() functions?