Thanks! I got it to work on the imx8mp. Do you know if there are any plans to
upstream this driver to mainline linux?

Kind regards,
Andre

From: Bowen Wang <bowenwa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 12 March 2024 05:36
To: dev@nuttx.apache.org
Subject: [EXT] Re: uart rpmsg driver compatibility

Hi,

The attachments are the rpmsg-tty patches based on linux LTS 5.15.
If you have any problems, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Bowen Wang

Xiang Xiao <mailto:xiaoxiang781...@gmail.com> 于2024年3月11日周一 23:43写道:
On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 11:13 PM Andre Heinemans
<mailto:andre.heinem...@nxp.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does the NuttX uart_rpmsg.c driver have a Linux counterpart to interact
> with?

Yes, the old version is here:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAH2Cfb87Wacgsh=xz9h9kgwygbkxnbdbcdj4w3ups2likbt...@mail.gmail.com/

> I want to achieve a virtual uart connection through rpmsg on an imx8mp
> between NuttX (m7) and Linux (a53).
> The tty_rpmsg.c driver in mainline linux does not seem compatible as it
> read and writes the raw data directly from the rpmsg buffers.

The mainline version comes from ST developer, which lacks of the flow
control and very easy to lose the data with the fast transaction.

> Whereas the NuttX driver uses a struct ‘uart_rpmsg_write_s’ which contains
> the raw data in one of its fields.

We renewed the rpmsg tty driver on top of Linux 5.14 recently, which works
perfectly with the NuttX mainline rpmsg_uart driver.
Bowen could share the implementation tomorrow.