Hi,
with Luajit, one could use FFI to access NuttX GPIO functions directly. But
I am afraid that Luajit is currently available only for CM7.

On the other hand, one can write standard Lua extension in C and use it
with plain Lua to access GPIOs. There are numerous examples of how to do it
on internet.

Regards,
Jernej