On 3/28/2024 1:03 AM, yfliu2008 wrote:
Have "up_addrenv_map(), up_addrenv_unmap()" alike interfaces added to
encapsulate MMU mapping operations of different chip architectures. These are used by UIO
component to a.

As an architectural description it is confusing to understand what you see in user space and what you see in kernel space.  Some of my responses may be incorrect because I am not sure what you are describing and I am probably just responding to buzzwords.

For example, non-standard interfaces are fine if they are used only internally in the OS.  None of the internal OS interfaces conform to any standard.