With the riscv/litex port, we're able to access the TIME and TIMEH CSRs in
usermode. I would like to take advantage of this feature to replace the
proxies for syscalls, such as timer_gettime with an equivalent
implementation that avoids a context switch, where appropriate.

I understand that th syscall.csv database is used to generate the syscall
proxies and stubs, but there doesn't seem to be any facility to provide a
different implementation. Potentially, I could remove the desired syscalls
from syscall.csv and provide my own proxy which is linked into libproxies
but it would be nice if this was more generally supported, rather than
patching the kernel locally.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has had a similar idea, or potentially
there is a method to achieve this in Nuttx which I have overlooked.
--
*Kind regards,*

*Stuart Ianna*
*Firmware Engineer*

--
*MoTeC Pty Ltd*

121 Merrindale Drive
Croydon South 3136
Victoria Australia
*T: *61 3 9761 5050
*W: *www.motec.com.au <https://www.motec.com.au/>

--
 <http://www.facebook.com/motec.global>
<http://www.youtube.com/user/MoTeCAustralia>

--
 <https://www.thebatteryshow.eu/en/home.html>

--

Disclaimer Notice: This message, including any attachments, contains
confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose and