On Jan 20, 2007, at 3:25 PM, Al Byers wrote:

David,

Ok, but I thought this issue would stand on its own - is there a reason why the control path should be added to the url if the fullPath parameter is true? Either I don't understand the call structure for makeLink or anyone who tries to use it with fullPath set to true will not get the expected
results.

As for my application, I am using it in the content management sense, and the the "<content...>" tag (under certain conditions) creates an iframe in the HTML that needs to point to the "/content/control/ ViewSimpleContent" request and I am in the ecommerce app. So I figured I could use the makeLink call to create the correct url. I know that the "<link...>" tag does the same sort of thing, but it does not use makeLink in this way and this seemed like the way that makeLink should work. I thought about it and figured it is easier to just add the request to ecommerce, but thought the makeLink
issue was worth raising.

Do you mean in the screen widget? You can just use the link tag with the "inter-app" url-mode.

I think I like this other way better though, ie adding a request-map in the ecommerce controller.xml file so it doesn't have to rely on that request in the content app.

-David

Thanks for your help.
-Al