Chand,

So what are you proposing? If we did this, how would the one-way encryption process and checking process work?

This is a VERY standard part of one way encryption. It's not a security flaw in any way. One-way password encryption is vulnerable to dictionary attacks in pretty much all systems, and especially if you have direct access to the password file or table. That includes pretty much all operating systems as well.

If you're really curious, I recommend finding a good book on the topic. With OFBiz we just use well established industry practices, we're not in the business of inventing new encryption standards or security processes.

-David