+1 ( I would say even later but every good thing must have an end)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tim Ruppert
  To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 10:00 PM
  Subject: Re: Timing for Release Branch

  +1

  On Jan 26, 2007, at 1:59 PM, Si Chen wrote:

    David E. Jones wrote:

      The general release policy for OFBiz has been established and documented
and the information is available here:

      http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/1wE

      I believe this is an actionable plan that we as a community can
reasonably deliver and that will hopefully also allow people who want to
contribute to participate in the release preparation and support process. This
is obviously not yet set in stone though it has been discussed and hopefully
all concerns have been voiced.

      If you do have concerns about the release process, please start a new
thread with them (ie don't just reply and change the subject, click on your new
message button to create a brand new message) as the purpose of this thread is
to discuss the timing of a release branch.

      So, when shall we create a release branch?

      A few of my thoughts on this:

      1. we'll be doing it approximately once per year and this is our first
one as an official Apache top level project
      2. due to our committer situation we have a pretty good backlog of Jira
issues that should probably be at least thoroughly reviewed, if not resolved,
before we commit too much to a state of the code; we're working on adding
committers now (a total of 6, should they choose to accept), but it may take a
few weeks to get everyone setup
      3. we are hoping to finish off and clean up a bunch of stuff in the
developers conference on March 5-9, so doing it after that might be better, but
that's certainly not required

      Any feedback and thoughts on this would be well appreciated. I don't feel
like I have enough information or community feedback right now to even make a
proposal on this, let alone push it toward a decision (ie a PMC vote or the
like).

      This is really something done on behalf of users of OFBiz and is not as
critical to those of us who are regularly involved in development and who have
structured our businesses such that we work from the trunk so that as much as
possible of our work can go right back into the project. I say that just to
reinforce the point that I don't think where I'm sitting is the best vantage
point to see what would serve the community best.

      Thanks in advance,
      -David

    I'd suggest later in March after all this stuff and any new work in the
Developer conference has been tested and stabilized.