On Feb 2, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Si Chen wrote:

Hello.

We have two questions about order entry:

1. Why are the payment methods manually listed on billsettings.ftl, instead of gotten from Product Store's payment methods list? Would it be better to get it from the payment methods list?

It probably would be better so CSRs and the like don't use something that isn't configured on the store, resulting in errors and such.

2. What is the best way to support CVV numbers during order manager order entry? Should it be saved in the session only? I remembered Andy Z. saying a long time ago that it should not be stored in database. What if it's stored and encrypted?

The rule is it can't be persisted outside the scope of the transaction. There is a note about this in a comment in the entitymodel file.