Harry,

For now the best thing is to probably wait for the upcoming developers conference (Mar 5-9) as testing is one of the big topics that seems to be of interest and we'll hopefully flesh out more testing infrastructure and such then.

-David

On Jan 30, 2007, at 5:58 AM, Harry Dhillon - Worldtestlabs wrote:

There is much work to be done - If you have any test related documentation, strategy, plans, scripts or thoughts, please do forward details/links/documents and I will initiate a high-level review to determine what we have, where ofbiz is currently, where you'd like to take it, and start developing a test strategy to support that.
I'd be happy to meet in or around London to discuss this further,

Kind regards

Harry

p.s. the http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/JAM link generates an error when attempting to sign up:
 error(s) occurred:
* This installation of Confluence is not licensed to add any more users. Please contact the site administrators for more information.

-----Original Message-----
From: David E. Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 1/30/2007 2:45 AM
To: hd
Subject: Re: Ofbiz Test Automation Services Offered

Harry,

It would be great to work with you and others there on this! We
really need contributions in this area.

A fair amount of infrastructure has been developed for testing in
OFBiz, and the design in general is very granular, split into
traditional enterprise architecture tiers, and both white- and black-
box testable.

The current testing infrastructure is made for test configuration and
scripts that can go into the code repository and be run from the
command line through the same startup jar that is normally used to
run OFBiz (unless it is deployed in an external application server,
of course). It is based on JUnit so that it is easy to plug in JUnit
tests or anything that uses the JUnit interfaces, and for some test
sets it would even be possible to run the tests from a JUnit client
app. This is also designed to allow the tests to be included in each
OFBiz component to that a new component added into OFBiz can not only
have classpath entries, entity info, service info, webapps, etc but
they can also have test suites that are run with the rest for general
and regression tests.

Anyway, we talked a bit about testing at the last OFBiz User
Conference in November of last year. Based on that and other
discussions we are planning on spending to some good time at the
upcoming OFBiz developers conference (a sort of 1 week hackathon, if
you will) to flesh this out and create a number of example test
artifacts.

The trick after that will be getting a nice test suite put together
for as much of OFBiz as possible!

As I said before we could really use help in this area. We'll
definitely need help when we are ready to create the comprehensive
test suite, but even before then we would appreciate feedback on
testing tools and processes.

-David