Cedric,

> Okay, so if other apache projects does it, could we also do it? Perhaps we
> could make a distinction between libraries needed for
OFBiz core and the remaining?
> As §6 also mention a "one of" I wonder which case would be the best.

I'm not sure if you are already aware of it so here we go. Shark is in the same
licence case as Pentaho (end BTW is embeded in
Pentaho). You may have a look at how we currently deal with such thing (see
OPTIONNAL_LIBRAIRIES)

About that point

> Their reasoning that they can write code that uses the library but
> cannot distribute the library seems strange.

Because in doing such way you are safe from the viral part of GPL/LGPL. IANAL
but I guess it's the main reason.

I don't know about Ant : I care about OFBiz. For instance take a look at :
http://forums.openqa.org/thread.jspa?messageID=18362&#18362

Jacques