For anyone following this thread, the answer, as usual, is in David's
previous reply - I just did not see it. I believe the key is to use the
ShoppingList entity in place of where I was trying to use an OrderHeader as
the key off of which to run everything. The ShoppingList's ShoppingListItems
have all the same info as the OrderItems. So when I want to see what
subscriptions a party has, I do not look at the subscriptions, not at the
initial orderHeader, but at the shoppingList, as I can see all the payment
history and credit card status from there.

-Al