Update.
in the recent svn the the Import Text  has no options for:
 mostly insert
 or
Create "Dummy" FKs
here are the steps.
using New Derby DB
do a -install --readers=seed.
then use the webtools to import the xml files from folder that were exported previously.
about 32 of the 240 files get imported.
when I try the import file or import the text I get errors.
As I said in the orginal post, I can get them to import by manually repositioning the files.
I have not tried to import them  the --readers=custom yet.

So I will make a jira and see if we can get this to work, as you mentioned it should.

BJ Freeman wrote:
thanks David.
I am using the default DB for testing.
I did try the dummy-fk option and it did not seem to work in this instance.
I used only the two records I included here for testing.
I was not looking to put more code for looping, more passing thru to the db for processing. Maybe adding a new parm for passthru. and have that in the parms for the DB. and a more elegant error message that might inform the Admin that data was to large for the memory and possibly increase the memory var on startup.

David E. Jones wrote:

Sorting a graph with loops to avoid any constraint breaking is an NP-hard problem. In other words, there is no perfect solution and there are cases where even with very complicated efforts there is no guarantee of a solution.

This is why we have the dummy-fk and other such tools. You might also try turning on the initially deferred option for foreign key definitions in your database so that fks are not checked until the first phase of the commit.

-David