Anil,

Are you planning to implement this?

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
Si,

I think it is a good plan. A few thoughts on this:

1) should we consider to add a new "price" field? to store the price and just update the lastPrice field as you have described 2) instead of updating the record, should we expire it and clone it into a new one? 3) I still think, but I don't have a clear picture of the model right now, that the AgreementProductAppl entity should play a role in the definition of the supplier's price list

See my last last comment below:

Si Chen wrote:
Anil,

When I originally wrote the purchasing order feature, I did wonder about what meaning the "lastPrice" field should have.
Here is what I think we should do:

1.  Add a new field to PartyAcctgPreference "autoUpdatePurchasePrice"
2. Create a new service which runs as system user login when a Purchase Invoice is marked as INVOICE_READY. This invoice will check the Invoice.partyIdTo for PartyAcctgPreference, and if it exists and if autoUpdatePurchasePrice = "Y", then do the following (a) For each product item on the list, look for the current SupplierProduct with the same supplier partyId as the Invoice.partyIdFrom, whose minOrderQty is immediately below InvoiceItem.quantity
(b) Update the SupplierProduct

Note that (a) is pretty tricky if there are many different SupplierProduct with different quantities.

I think that the trick is by getting a list of records where minOrderQty is less than the ordered quantity, sort them by desc minOrderQty, and selecting the first record.

Jacopo

Anil Patel wrote:
"lastPrice" To me it implies that it will be price I paid in the most recent Purchase. I don't see this happening. Is this something we should add, This field should be update should be triggered when a PO is received or Invoice
is approved or something.

Regards

Anil

On 3/22/07, Adrian Crum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Maybe Iain meant receiving a PO - at which time you could update the cost.

Si Chen wrote:
> This really should not be done during inventory receiving because in an > organization of any size, the warehouse person would not be the one to
> be setting purchasing prices.
>
> Sometimes (and only sometimes) this is done in Accounts Payables when
> the vendor's invoice is approved.
>
> Iain Fogg wrote:
>
>> Anil (and Si),
>>
>> Actually, I'd like to have the ability to provide an updated price
>> when receiving inventory. As Si suggests many companies wouldn't want >> to do this, wouldn't they simply leave the prepopulated field alone, >> and when the items are received, the last_price update is a NOP (sort >> of). Alternatively, could we provide a checkbox that flags whether a
>> last_price update is to take place (default to no)?
>>
>> Cheers, Iain
>>
>> Anil Patel wrote:
>>
>>> Si, Thanks for your Response, Little more info will help to move
>>> further.
>>>
>>> So, can we say this field is not in so much use any more. Also so to
>>> Keep
>>> track of this data do we have to use PO.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Anil

How